Friday, March 03, 2006

Wow, Where Did That Week Go?

It's Friday already again. I feel like somebody stole a week from me. I didn't get everything done that I needed to...I want an extension!! I made it to Jazzercise three times this week and did not pass out a single time, although I thought I had for a minute in Wendy's class yesterday. Why is it that when an instructor is trying to loose weight, (Wendy had a baby a while back) we all suffer for it? That girl was in turbo drive. She worked us like marine recruits. She sure looks good, though. I asked her what she's been doing, and she told me the name of some program she's doing that's like Weight Watchers, but with a Bible study. Now, I don't know about y'all, but I think there's something basically wrong about getting weighed at church. I'm already confessing my sins, putting me up on the scales to document them is just going to send me into some sort of traumatic episode that will no doubt lead to stress eating. I think I'm just going to pray before I get on the scales at home, and hope for the best.
I had two writer's group meeting this week. Monday night was the Christian Writer's Group. We had a small group, but a lot of good discussion. I took the second scene in the new novel I'm working on. I can't talk about that one yet. Something in my circuitry gets fouled up when I talk about something before I write it. It's like all the life goes out of it. Last night was our first Thursday meeting of the SCWW (South Carolina Writers Workshop) Greenville chapter. There were sixteen people there, and ten readers, which is a lot. I read the latest version of the first chapter of my novel, Lowcountry Boil. It went pretty well, I think. I don't know what I'd do without all those extra sets of eyes. It's amazing to me how many times I can read the same sentence and not realize I've left out a word. Overall, it was a good week for writing. There were a couple of days I didn't get my four hours in, but there were also a couple that I wrote for seven or eight. The blogging thing is off to a slower start than I'd hoped. I think for the accountability thing to work, I've got to do it more than once a week!! In the immortal words of Scarlett, tomorrow is another day!!

1 comment:

elysabeth said...

lol - love your quote - keep up the good job - E :)